Sunday, April 3, 2011

Saw the Northern Lights last night...

Last night Michael came flying through the back door at an alarming speed, his milk bucket sloshing dangerously at his side, crying: "Guys! Come look at the northern lights!!"


Now, I need to admit, they weren't this brilliant for us watching with naked eyes; we only saw the green, but taken with a slow shutter speed, Steve was able to capture a lot of other colors happening up there!




When we got back inside, (brr!) the kids begged me to look up 'what are the northern lights?' (Homeschooling at its most brilliant! :) Not surprisingly, I found varying explanations on every link that I checked out (love how they each talk in absolutes, though!). So, I shared the various theories with the kids, but made sure I left it open-ended so that if anyone wants to become a scientist/astrologer in their adulthood, there is some enticement. They can have fun writing their own theories. :)

Pretty, huh?

What about you? Have you ever seen the Northern Lights?



Oh, and Mr. Snow must have heard me yesterday, because our predicted snow has turned to rain (See? You just need to use a little authority in your voice! :)

So, here's what the kids are up to this rainy afternoon:

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but:

"Rainy days and Sundays always bring me UP!"


:)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. beautiful indeed~ i've never seen them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! That is just beautiful!! I hope I can come north sometime and see them ... thank your brother for the pictures! :-D

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Comments make us happy! :)